Account Executive/Business Development
Sales representative responsible for developing new customers and generating profitable revenue for KDL Logistics portfolio of services in a variety of industries. Employee will be versed in and sell KDL services in varied modes of transportation including: Less than Truckload, Truckload, Parcel, International, Technology, and Warehousing. The core focus of this position will entail LTL logistics sales. The candidate will conduct the necessary due diligence in researching and identifying potential customers, soliciting those companies at the C-Level, and lead all sales presentations/business proposals for qualified accounts. Quotas/revenue expectations will be defined. Candidate will also be responsible for ongoing account support.
Working Procedure and/or Responsibility Assigned
- Develop new customer opportunities offering KDL Logistic services (LTL, Int’l, Truckload, Parcel and Warehousing) and close deals. The core focus of this position will entail LTL logistics sales.
- Strategic prospecting and qualifying of potential customers, Cold Calling, set meetings to present KDL services
- Establish relationships and “buy in” with C-Level executives/decision makers
- Grow market share in identified territory
- Account growth in other areas (Technology, Truckload, Expedite, INTL, Warehouse)
- Maintain and submit accurate records and reports of sales activity as directed
- Consistent travel required
- Communicate with KDL departments regarding specific customer requirements and other opportunities.
- Employee will demonstrate an active knowledge of multiple modes of transportation, pricing structures, general and ongoing industry knowledge and expertise
- Strong organizational and communication skills including oral presentations, written documentation, computer proficiency, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
- Relentless work ethic, competitiveness and attention to detail
- Conduct themselves with the utmost ethical behavior
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as a team
College Degree Preferred.
Minimum 3-5+ years experience in a highly competitive work environment Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint