The HR Generalist performs human resources related duties at the professional level and will carry out responsibilities in the following areas but not limited to: employee relations, training, benefits, compensation, recruitment/selection, development and implementation of policies and procedures in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the company.
Working Procedure and/or Responsibility Assigned
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resources and/or company policies, procedures, laws, standards and government
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel within prescribed interpretive
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and
- Views and produces reports, and/or maintains Human Resources Information System
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services
- Participates in staff meetings, other meetings, and seminars as requested and/or
- Facilitates and/or provides employee training (skills based and/or compliance) and orientations to the workforce and/or management as
- Assures compliance with all laws and/or regulations regarding areas of
- Assists with ongoing maintenance of personnel files and records retention policies and procedures.
- Coordinates, monitors, and represents the university in programs such as unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation
- Assists with employee relations issues such as employee complaints and exit
- Performs other duties as assigned
The HR Generalist must possess the following skills and attributes: strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels of an organization; demonstrated ability to work independently within interpretive guidelines, take initiative, and perform effectively in fast-paced and constantly changing environment; effective oral and written communication skills; excellent responsive customer service focus and great team player; high level of skills in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality; working knowledge and experience with MS Office and internet sourcing; ability to research and analyze data; ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues, and to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with university standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government laws.
- Strong organizational and communication skills including oral presentations, written documentation, computer proficiency, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
- Relentless work ethic, competitiveness and attention to detail
- Conduct themselves with the utmost ethical behavior
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as a team
- Bachelor to Associate degree in business, human resources, administration, communications or related field required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred (or in process).
- One year of human resources experience; or a combination of appropriate education and experience.